Personally Identifying Information.
Except as described herein, the PeepSoftware web site and applications
do not require user registration to access content. While
visiting the PeepSoftware web site, you may be asked to
provide information that personally identifies you. "Personal
information" is information that can be associated with a
specific person and can be used to identify that person.
This information is gathered on a voluntary basis for the
sole purpose of better serving you. You may choose not to
provide personal information and you still will be able to
visit the PeepSoftware web site. The following items/site/application
features are examples of content on the PeepSoftware
web site where personal information may be sought:
- To register to receive the PeepSoftware e-newsletter or participate in other marketing programs;
- To register for any current sweepstakes or other offerings.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information. PeepSoftware collects limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available when connected to our web site. For example, web site log files are generated that collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the visitor, date, time, pages visited, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may lose some functionality for web sites. All information collected using the above technology is used to operate, develop and improve our services. Additionally, aggregate reports for web site visitors are generated that do not contain personally identifiable information. Advertising reports are generated that show the IP addresses of visitors as well as specific pages visited. This information may be sent to the advertiser to confirm the number of "click-thrus." The advertiser normally already has this information as a result of the user clicking on the advertisement. No additional information about the visitor is supplied to the advertiser. The log files are eventually deleted. PeepSoftware also collects a non-identifiable hash made up of the uuid and other proprietary items to determine the material that a mobile application user has accessed so as to provide a better user experience or diagnose problems when/if they should occur.
Use of Information
The personal information collected about you as described above may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow the delivery of the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature;
- To send you targeted service update notices or to learn more about your user experience;
- To customize, measure and improve our services and the content, layout, and design of our web site;
- To analyze trends and statistics;
- To protect the security or integrity of our web sites and business;
- To allow better service in responding to customer service requests; and
- To communicate with you for various business and marketing purposes, including sending you information by e-newsletter, email, postal mail or other means about products, services, contests and promotions. If you would no longer like to receive promotional email, you may unsubscribe with instructions found at the bottom of all email marketing materials.
PeepSoftware maintains a strict No-Spam POLICY, which means we do not sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals except as may be permitted by this POLICY. Such information may be shared in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent;
Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties
- we are required by law, including to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process; and
- To enforce our policies or agreements that you consent to by using the web site;
- In the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal or financing of all or any part of PeepSoftware for the purpose of providing you with continued offerings;
- If you have opted to receive marketing materials, PeepSoftware may also share your information with trusted third-parties to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers that may be of interest to you;
- To partner with another company to offer or provide you with products, services, contests or promotions; and
- To provide our service providers with necessary information for the sole purpose of processing personally identifying information on our behalf (i.e., sweepstakes registration, e-newsletter distribution).
PeepSoftware takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees/independent contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Information About Children
PeepSoftware is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the internet. PeepSoftware will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. Our web site is for a general audience. If children do send personal information to PeepSoftware, such as writing to Santa, newsletter registrations, etc., the information is deleted. Note that PeepSoftware cannot always determine that a user is a child. PeepSoftware does not maintain databases about children.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, the PeepSoftware web site may contain links to non-PeepSoftware sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. These links are provided to you only as a convenience. Such linked sites are not under the control of PeepSoftware and PeepSoftware is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by PeepSoftware of the site, and PeepSoftware shall have no responsibility for information that may be referenced by or linked to this web site. Further, these links may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifying information.
To enhance your experience on our site, PeepSoftware may set
and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount
of data (often including a unique identifier), that is sent to
your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your
computer's hard drive. Cookies do not tell us your email address
or other personal information unless you choose to provide
site usage and to improve the content and offerings on our site.
Our cookies contain no personally identifiable information and
deleted, these cookies will remain on your computer for up to 10
years from your last usage of our site.
Changes To This Policy
Please note that this POLICY may change from time to time. Any such changes will be posted on this page. If there are changes made in the future, the changes will not affect information already collected.
Online Policy Only
By using the PeepSoftware web site, you consent to the collection and use of information by PeepSoftware as specified above.
If you have any additional questions, for more information about PeepSoftware's practices regarding specific information or services that are not covered in this POLICY, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Agreement was last modified on 2013-06-01